TERMS AND CONDITIONS
STATEMENT OF INTENT
I hereby state my intent to enroll myself and/or my child/ren in the training program offered by Mach Martial Arts (MMA). I hereby agree to abide by all the rules, regulations, code of personal conduct, customs and ceremonies as set forth by MMA.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF GOOD HEALTH
I certify that I am in good health and that I know of no impairment to my health that would prevent me from taking the courses and training provided by MMA. I fully understand that martial arts training requires strenuous physical activity including physical contact. I fully understand that martial art is a combat sport and I am aware of the risks involved in training in a combat sport. I agree to assume the risk of any adverse effect on my health due to participation in martial arts training, demonstrations, organized competitions and all activities. I further agree to assume the risk of personal injury resulting from participation in the courses and training provided by MMA.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
In consideration of the privilege of participating in the activities of the MMA, I agree to assume all risk of personal injury while attending or participating in any activity conducted by or connected with the MMA. I fully understand that martial arts training and activities involve physical activities which could result in personal injury. I hereby waive any potential claim against the MMA which could result from participation in martial arts training and activities. I further agree to waive any such claim against anyone connected or associated with the MMA.
NO REFUND POLICY
Mach Martial Arts (MMA) has a strict no refund policy. Please sign up for the duration of the program you are willing to commit to as MMA does not give refunds for any reason.
BEHAVIOR AND CONDUCT POLICY
1. If a student displays poor attitude, unacceptable and distracting behavior, behavior that affects the class and/or training sessions; student may be transferred to a private lesson program.
3. As the MMA athlete and as ambassadors of the MMA Program and the sport of martial arts, MMA athletes and members are held to a high standard by the MMA, the community and the public. Responsible conduct advances the interest of the sport of martial arts, members, and the program. Conversely, irresponsible conduct by a member tarnishes the reputation of the both affected member and the MMA and undermines the positive image set by other members and athletes of the program. Discipline may be imposed for misconduct, which includes without limitation, the following examples:
a. Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the MMA
b. Derogatory or offensive conduct, including without limitation insulting language, symbols, or actions about a person’s ethnic background, heritage, color, race, national origin, age, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation;
c. Inappropriate physical, verbal, and online behaviors (such as inappropriate statements made via e-mail, text messaging or social networks);
d. Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the MMA or promotion of an MMA event
MAKE UP & EXTENSION POLICY
1. Class Make Ups:
a. Must be an active member to make up classes.
NOTE: Members can only make up classes if membership is current.
b. If you miss a class for any reason, you can make up the class by attending any of the classes you are qualified for before testing for your next belt.
NOTE: You cannot make up classes for missed training sessions from previous belts.
2. Membership Extensions:
a. Must submit an “Extension Request” form with a valid Doctor’s note and/or documentation for approval prior to going on break or immediately returning from break.
NOTE: You will not be eligible for a membership extension if you fail to submit an extension request form prior to going on break and/or on the day of the first class upon return from break.
b. The break must be longer than 10 days to be eligible for a membership extension with the following substantiating records:
1) Valid Doctor’s note (if due to injury).
2) Valid Documentation and/or Statement (if due to family emergency).
3) Any other personal reason will be approved on a case by case basis at the discretion of the membership director.
c. Mach Martial Arts does not approve membership extensions for single class absences due to schoolwork, other arrangements, sickness, etc.
NOTE: You are eligible to make up missed class (see Class Make Ups for further details).
d. You may choose to make up class/es or extend membership for school closures (Holidays, Tournaments, Etc.)
i. If you choose to extend your membership for school closures; you must submit an extension request form within 5 days of the reopening of the school. You will not be eligible for membership extension if you fail to submit an extension request form on time.
THINGS TO KNOW:
There are no hidden costs. Below is a list of additional investments that you will come across on your Martial Arts Journey towards Black Belt and/or during your participation in the Mach Martial Arts (MMA) program.
There are testing fees to cover the expense of the belt promotion that includes student’s new belt, testing materials, MMA certificate, and registration expenses. The testing fee starts from $50 and increase as the student promote to higher level classes and training. Fees are subject to change depending on improvements of the testing procedures and our organization’s affiliations.
At orange belt, the student will need to purchase MMA approved sparring gears. The investment will include all the safety equipment necessary to ensure proper and safe training.
REQUIRED SEMINARS AND CAMPS – Pricing is available upon request
Our schools provide special seminars and camps MMA students MUST graduate in order to reach certain rank and belt. These programs are provided for the benefit of our students to learn leadership skills, gain more knowledge about the Taekwondo philosophy, stay up to date on the most current rules and regulations of the sport of Taekwondo, and opportunities to become certified referee and/or test examiner.
Other optional additional investments:
One –on–One Training, Add-on Training Programs, Parent’s Night Out, Spring Break Camps, Summer Camps, Specialty Seminars, Birthday Parties, Specialized Training Camp, Etc.
PICTURES, IMAGES, VIDEO CLIPS and/or FILMS CONSENT
By participating in the Mach Martial Arts (MMA) classes, promotion tests, events, competitions, and other affiliated events, I understand that me, and/or my minor child, and/or my family might be photographed or filmed.
I hereby grant permission to MMA and its affiliates and subsidiaries to interview, photograph, and/or videotape me and/or my minor child; and/or to use and permit to use, print, and publish without payment and compensation for any purpose whatsoever including advertising, publicity, and internet purposes. The Picture, Images, Video Clips and/or Films may appear in color or black and white, may be distorted, blurred, or altered. I waive any right to inspect or approve the Pictures, Images, Video Clips and/or Films or any written copy that may be used in connection with the Pictures, Images, Video Clips and/or Films.
I release, hold harmless and waive any claims against MMA related to Pictures, Images, Video Clips and/or Films or the exercise of the rights granted herein, including claims for compensation, claims of defamation or any claims regarding rights of privacy or publicity.
This release shall also be applicable to MMA’s officers, directors, employees and agents, including without limitation the photographer and any advertising agency who may be involved in creating and disseminating the Pictures, and any newspaper, magazine or other publication in which the Pictures, Images, Video Clips and/or Films may appear.
I also understand that publication of the Pictures, Images, Video Clips and/or Films is within the sole discretion of MMA and that they may not be used at all.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY RELATING TO CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Mach Martial Arts Inc. has put in place preventive measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, Mach Martial Arts Inc. cannot guarantee that you and/or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending Mach Martial Arts Inc. could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending Mach Martial Arts Inc. and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by COVID-19 at Mach Martial Arts Inc. may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and/or others, including, but not limited to, Mach Martial Arts Inc. employees, volunteers, program participants, and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at Mach Martial Arts Inc. or participation in Mach Martial Arts Inc. programming (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren), I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Mach Martial Arts Inc., its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Mach Martial Arts Inc., its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any of its programs.
COVID-19 Acknowledgement and Disclosure
1. I understand that during this COVID-19 Public Health Emergency I will NOT be permitted to enter the facility beyond the designated drop-off and pick-up area. I understand that this procedure change is for the safety of all persons present in the facility and to limit to the extent possible everyone’s risk of exposure.
2. I understand that IF there is an emergency requiring me to enter the facility beyond the designated drop-off and pick-up area, I MUST sanitize my hands before entering, remove my shoes and wear a mask. While in the facility I must practice social distancing and remain 6ft from all other people, except for my own child.
3. I understand that to enter the studio premises my child must be free from COVID-19 symptoms. If, during the day, any of the following symptoms appear my child will be separated from the rest of the people in the studio. I will be contacted, and my child MUST be picked up from the studio within 15 minutes.
Symptoms include: • fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher • dry cough • Shortness of Breath • Chills • Loss of taste or smell • Sore Throat • Muscle aches
While many of these symptoms might be non-COVID-19 symptoms we are proceeding with by assuming they are Covid-19 during this Public Health Emergency. These symptoms typically appear 2-7 days after being infected so please take them seriously. You will need to be symptom free for 72 hours before returning to the facility.
4. I understand that my child must always wear a mask while in the studio and on studio premises.
5. Each student MUST remove their shoes at the entrance of the facility. The student has an option to purchase a pair of Taekwondo shoes or non-slip socks that can be worn only inside the studio.
6. I understand that outside of martial arts, all students will comply with all state, county or local stay-at-home orders, and all contact with persons living outside our household will follow all state, county or local stay-at-home orders. My student and our family will comply with any and all state, county or local stay-at-home orders, will limit contact outside of the studio to persons living in our household and will only go out to inside venues in which we can maintain a minimum 6 foot social distancing. I will follow any recommendations from the CDC that limits my risk for exposure including wearing a mask in all public areas and remaining 6ft from all other people.
7. I will immediately notify Mach Martial Arts management if I become aware of any person with whom my child or I have had contact exhibits any of the symptoms listed in Number 5 above, is advised to self-isolate, quarantine, or has tested positive, or is presumed positive for COVID-19. Further, I will immediately notify Mach Martial Arts management if anyone from my place of employment is presumed positive or tests positive for COVID-19 whether or not I have had direct contact with that person.
8. I understand that Students entering our studio will be in contact with children, families and employees who are also at risk of community exposure. I understand that no list of restrictions, guidelines or practices will remove 100% of the risk of exposure to COVID-19 as the virus can be transmitted by persons who are asymptomatic and before some people show signs of infection. I understand that I play a crucial role in keeping everyone in the facility safe and reducing the risk of exposure by following the practices outlined herein.
9. I understand that the student should be dropped off and picked up on time. I understand that Mach Martial Arts will close its waiting area while county restrictions are in place.
I certify that I have read, understand, and agree to comply with the provisions listed herein. I acknowledge that failure to act in accordance with the provisions listed herein, or with any other policy or procedure outlined by Mach Martial Arts will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of membership without refund. I acknowledge that my membership will be terminated without refund if it is determined that my actions, or lack of action unnecessarily exposes another student, their family member, or instructor to COVID-19.
I have read the policies & given information and agree to all terms and conditions.